5 Simple Tips to Choose the Right Contractor
So you're thinking of getting some business or home improvement work done. Now it's time to choose a contractor. But not all contractors are the same. Choose the wrong one, and you take risks. The wrong decision can cost you time and money. Even damage to your home or personal property. So how can you avoid a headache like that?
Before you do business with a particular contractor, follow these simple steps.
1. Find out if there have been any complaints made against the business. Visit the Better Business Bureau website at www.bbb.org and search for the company by name.
2. Ask the contractor for homeowner references. Contact past customers to get an idea of whether they were satisfied with the work done.
3. Ask the contractor for proof of insurance. That includes Worker's Compensation, property damage, and personal liability insurance.
4. Only choose a contractor that has experience with local building codes and permits. Sometimes, building permits are needed for work to be done. So don't choose a small business that isn't experienced with them.
5. Don't always consider the lowest bid you get for a project. You may pay a low price with contractors. But end up with low-quality service and materials in the process. Then you could be stuck with poor-quality work, and have to spend even more just to fix it.
Still Have Question? Contact Us!
We're Sunshine Siding & Window. We've been proudly serving the Greater Chicago area for over 40 years now. We offer a variety of home improvement services such as siding, windows, doors, roofing, and much more. Our company is licensed, bonded, insured, and A+ Members of the Better Business Bureau.
If you're in Chicago or surrounding areas, we'd love to hear from you. You can get a free estimate on our work, or answers to any questions that you may have. Please call us now at 847-895-0078. You may also fill out the easy contact form on this page.