There are many things that impact the life of your roof in Palatine, Illinois ranging from; life span, to weather impacts, ventilation, and general wear and tear. There are many important things you should know about your roof and Sunshine is here to help. We have been roof specialists, serving the Palatine area for over 40 years! Due to our extensive knowledge and experience with roofing in the area, we are here to help you with general advice and information you should know when it comes to your roof. That is why Sunshine is the name people trust when it comes to roofing services in Palatine, Illinois. When it comes to the safety of your home, and your family, you need to rely on the best.
Signs Your Home Needs A New Roof
There are several things you can look out for in spotting warning signs for a new roof:
- Age: If your roof is at least 18 years old then we recommend should calling us to have our on staff professional roofing contractors inspect your roof immediately. After 18 years roofs start to break down and lose its ability to hold their integrity.
- Leaks: If you notice, holes or leaks, in your roof, you should consider calling having a professional inspect your roof to make sure it is still safe.
- Cracked Shingles: Along with missing shingles, curling shingles, cracked shingles are just as serious a warning sign that you should consider getting a roof replacement.
- Bald Spots: If your roof has several bald spots, where there are missing shingles you should definitely consider getting a professional roofing service to come out and inspect your roof.
- Curled shingle edges: If you notice the edges of your shingles curling up, or if you notice the shingle tabs are cupped, then this is a good indication that you should consider getting your roof replaced.
- Dark Streaks: This is a sign of airborne algae that has started to grow on your roof.
Roof Repair Palatine
One of the most important things to remember is that if your roof currently has 3 layers, then you have to tear off the entire roof. This is a state statute. According to Illinois law, there are only 2 layers of roofing allowed. Therefore, if you have an older home it is important to know how many times the roof has been redone.
However, if you are under that threshold then you might be a candidate for roof repair instead of replacement. While you can always choose to repair a roof yourself, it is better to rely on a professional roofing repair service in your area. Sunshine Siding and Window has been serving Palatine, Illinois with the best roof services for over 40 years!
There are three things you should take into account when determining if you should repair or replace your roof:
Cost v ROI: Cost of the repair might be cheaper than replacing the whole roof. However, you should consider the following: How old is your roof? Are you are considering moving soon?Are you looking at different roofing styles than the one you currently have? In these instances a new roof is actually more affordable because a new roof is a great selling point for your future home.
What the Repair Entails: If the repair is only going to fix one problem, whereas your roof has many areas of weakness and replacement gives your home better safety, then always choose replacement every time. However, if it is a minor repair that your roof needs and it doesn’t compromise the structural integrity of your roof, we recommend you choose to repair the situation.
The timing of the project: We know the brutal winters, Palatine Illinois, can have. Therefore the time of season should also be a point of consideration whether you should repair or replace. The best time for roof repair, replacement, or installation is March through November.
Regardless, if your roof needs a repair or a replacement, whether you are thinking of different materials for your roof, or you just want a general roof inspection, Sunshine Siding & Windows is here for you. Let us work with you and help you make those decisions for your home and family. To read more about the different kinds of roofing, check out our menu at the top or contact us to start on the roofing service you need!